Held at: Victory Hall, Neen Sollars, DY14 0AL
Date: 24/01/2022 Start: 10.00 Hrs
Cllr Chris Jones (Chairman) 01584 890486
Cllr David Jones (Vice Chairman) 01299 271204
Cllr Steve Painter 01299 832981
Cllr Mazella Witts-Hewinson 01299 271258
Cllr Anne Horsley 01299 271225
Clerk Tony Price 01299 271535
Proceeding will be conducted observing Covid 19 distance and hygiene guidance and new restrictions current to meeting date.
Parish Council meeting will now start at 10.00Hrs until further notice
- Apologies: None
- Declaration of Pecuniary Interest: None
- Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting 13/12/2021
Signed as true record.
- Current account balance £10,901.01
- Community Benefit £4376.42
- Election account £752.24
- Invoices signed off
Salt – £547.20
Vouchers – £115.00
Lights – £200.92
- Community Benefit
Note: The C/B first payment was made in March 2017, 10 payments are scheduled to be made. (i.e.,10 Years)
- Long term planning of funds to be addressed at midterm point
i.e. value of funds to be retained on maturity etc..
- Parishioner requests 4 x Litter grabs to aid litter collection
- Parish Assets
Neen Sollars ~ £5,831.35
Milson ~ £3,450.35
Note: New Notice Boards signs added, Village Hall split between both Parishes.
- Receipts to Council.
- Environment Maintenance Grant (EMG)
Application for grant of £1500 for 2021/22 agreed, but not paid, and application for next three years (2022~202024) submitted
No response to date, escalated to SALC.
- Precept for 2022/23 submitted to Council for approval
Detailed account of year 2021/22 actual spend and forecast spend for 2022/23
- Precept and Annual Governance review
- Areas of policy to be reviewed decided and process to conduct review decided.
- Open Reach/DCMS Voucher Initiative
- Update: Installation being carried out In line with March 2022 going live. High level of activity seen around village.
- Salt boxes alongside roads/hills
- Decision to purchase 25Kg bags and place in hi-risk areas of the village prior to Winter, replacement bags provided on request.
- DHJ confirmed that two pallets of salt have been distributed around the Village and the scheme has been received well.
- General Data Protection Regulations 2018
- No updates
- Defibrillators –
- The defibrillation team have requested funds for self-training under the Train the Trainer Brochure. The cost is £150 plus travel and VAT. Potential recoup of costs through hire out of trainer at £40.00 per Hour.
- Notice Boards update
- Neen Sollars and Milson new Notice Boards have been erected, poles and fixing pack missing for Village Hall Notice board have ordered. Magnetic pins have also been ordered.
- Policy on use of Notice board to be drawn up for clarity.
- Christmas gift £5 book voucher.
- This initiative has been well received by recipients.
The criteria for receiving the Voucher Children must:
Be under 16 Years
Live in Parish(s)
- Parishioner has requested the £5 book voucher become an annual event built into the Precept.
- Lengthsman progress
- Work sheets made available to Council on request.
- Web Page.
- A new site partner has been investigated called “netwiseuk.com”. They offer a Windows based platform with the graphics style of the current site. Initial communications have been made, to investigate Domain Name title ownership.
- Dogs fouling footpaths.
24 new signs issued to DHJ.
- Footpaths, Stiles and Gates
- Parishioner lead team have installed the first Kissing gate to Jennings pools at a cost of £160. (Normally £240)
- Parishioner has requested funds (approx. £60.00) to create plank steeps and hand rail for two other kissing gates on safety grounds.
- Permissive footpaths through Shakenhurst DJH.
- Managing River Rea Flood risk
- Proposed by DJH
- Environment issues.
- A parishioner has reported to the Parish Council a potential pollution risk to Mill Brook.
- Neighbour Watch Scheme
- Updates being issued via web page when available.
- No new applications.
- LTN Legal Briefings Updates
- Place Plan
- Update on Shropshire Place Plan available on request.
- Public Participation
- Suspended until further notice. A view on Public Participation to be gained in light of new Covid conditions!
- Public Correspondence.
- Fly Tipping Gaudy wood gate way/Lindridge Parish Council
- Meeting Dates 2022/23:
Monday: 24/01/2022 Precept/Annual Governance
Monday: 21/03/2022 Annual return / Ordinary Meeting
Monday: 16/05/2022 Annual Meeting
- Meeting Closed: 11.35 Hrs
Motion raised by CJ to start future meetings at 10.00 Hrs starting 24/01/2022. Seconded DHJ agreed unanimously.
- Communications from SSC:
- BDLs – NALCs News letters/Updates
- SALC Bulletins – John Champion ~ PCC Newsletters
- SSC news in Brief
- Clerks net working
- Clerks Knowledge training
- Planning White paper
- Community reassurance update
- Many Covid 19 related correspondence
- Census updates and correspondence
- Gwilym Butler Monthly updates
- Various updates and training sessions see on request.
- SS Area Committee report held 06/12/2021
- Defra Consultation paper